Dr. Nagesh is an actively practising Cardiothoracic Surgeon. A graduate from India's premier medical college, Nizam Institute of Medical sciences, Hyderabad, he is well versed in both Adult & Paediatric cardiac surgeries, and minimal access cardiac surgery. He has been doing high volumes in uniportal video assisted thoracoscopic surgery for lung resections and other thoracic surgeries.
Dr. Nagesh also received training at the Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital, under the guidance of Diego Gonzalez Rivas, who is
considered the father of uniportal VATS. He is also member of the Indian association of cardiothoracic surgeons, the Indian Medical association, and the General Surgical society of India. Recipient of the Kannada Rajyotsava award, 2016, from the Newspapers Association of Karnataka, he has been actively conducting free cardiac screening for the rural population, across the state of karnataka.
Procedures routinely performed by Dr Nagesh are:
1. CABG-ON PUMP AND OFF PUMP,coronary endarterectomy
2. Aortic valve replacement,repairs,Root enlargement ,Bentall procedure
3. Mitral Valve Replacement and MV repairs,TV repair
4. Minimal invasive Mitral valve replacement.
5. Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement
6. Minimal invasive ASD closure
7. Aneuyrsm surgeries- thoracic
8. Dissection of aorta
9. LV aneurysm –modified Dorrs procedure
10. ASD ,VSD,TOF,PDA LIGATION, Coarctation of aorta and other complex congenital cases
11. BDG,BT SHUNT
12. Pulmonary endarterectomy for PTE
13. REDO SURGERIES
14. Open Pace maker implantation
17.Cardiac tamponade management
18. Femoral cannulation for Melphalan therapy in malignant melanoma
20. All lobectomies
22. VATS decortication
23. VATS lung biopsy
24. VATS pleural biopsy
25. VATS empyema drainage
26. Uniportal VATS lobectomy
27. Sleeve resections
29. Broncho pleural fistula
31. Uniportal unisurgeon lung resection procedures
33. Transthoracic esophagectomy
34. Diaphragm repair
35. Mediastinal tumors – by open thoracotomy,multiportal and uniportal VATS
36. AV fistula both radial and brachial.
37. Tracheal reconstruction
38. Esophageal resection,leiomyoma excision
39. All lung and mediastinal surgeries by both open and VATS technique
40. ECMO management
42. Post operative ICU management ,pre operative work up and post operative follow up well trained with current protocols.
Received training at the Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital, under the guidance of Diego Gonzalez Rivas, who is
considered the father of uniportal VATS.
Member of the Indian association of cardiothoracic surgeons.
Member of the Indian Medical association.
Member of the General Surgical society of India.
Recipient of the Kannada Rajyotsava award, 2016, from the Newspapers Association of Karnataka.
Actively conducting free cardiac screening for the rural population, across the state of karnataka.